The norm for many people is to wake up feeling exhausted, day after day, and this often causes them to wonder why do I feel tired all the time? In today?s hectic world, we are all leading busier and more stressful lives than ever before, so looking at the question of why do I feel tired all the time is very important.
The simple truth is that extreme tiredness can be caused by a number of factors, not just a lack of sleep, and can also be related to mood. It is such a common problem, that it even has an acronym, TATT, which translates as ?tired all the time?. The Royal College of Psychiatrists suggests that 1 in 5 people feel unusually tired and 1 in 10 have prolonged fatigue, at any given time.
Why Do I Feel Tired All The Time Video
Tiredness can be a sign of thyroid problems, adrenal fatigue, anaemia and diabetes. If a person who is feeling tired all the time, has an underlying medical cause for their tiredness, they would usually be experiencing some other symptoms such as weight gain, extreme thirst or hair loss.
It is more common that tiredness has a psychological cause such as anxiety or depression. Often the stresses of daily life can take their toll and manifest themselves in job and money worries, which prevent people from getting enough sleep. The amount and quality of sleep that a person receives is also heavily influenced by their lifestyle. Consumption of too much alcohol, especially late in the evening, can wake you up halfway through the night.
So if you do feel tired all the time, what can you do about it? Try to implement as many as possible of the following:
- Get to bed by 10pm every night and sleep in a dark room, using blackout curtains if necessary.
- Drink plenty of water (around 2 litres a day) as dehydration will disturb your sleep.
- Exercise daily ? it helps to put more oxygen into your blood and aids digestion.
- Eat your large meal in the middle of the day when you have more energy to digest it.
- Try to reduce the major stresses in your life ? change jobs, take more time for yourself by re-balancing your priorities, book a holiday!
- Avoid caffeine ? it gives a temporary boost of energy but then leaves you feeling dehydrated and tired.
- Try wearing an ionic balance band ? made of silicone containing ground up tourmaline. These bands emit negative ions which have many health benefits including deeper sleep, better concentration and enhanced circulation.
- Try drinking green tea or even better ? matcha green tea as it has the highest antioxidant ratio of any tea and is one of the most healthy drinks on planet earth!
We hope you have enjoyed this post about why do I feel tired all the time and we would greatly appreciate if you could leave a comment below and share and like on Facebook.