In this post we will examine the various health benefits of avocado oil. The oil is produced from the compressed flesh of the avocado and its ingredients have some extremely powerful properties.? Avocado oil is packed full of antioxidants, which make it a true super food.
5 Key Health Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Keeps your heart healthy: Avocado oil contains high concentrations of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA?s).? These are a ?good? type of dietary fat, which we all need to consume. Eating a diet high in MUFA?s helps to protect the heart by lowering cholesterol but also provides ?good? cholesterol in the form of high density lipoprotein (HDL) which is thought to reduce heart disease.
- Can help protect against cancer: One of the amazing health benefits of avocado oil is that it can help protect cells from free radical damage.? Free radicals are unstable molecules that attach to normal cells, often weakening and altering the DNA within the cell. The destruction of DNA by free radicals can form the basis of diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Avocado oil contains high levels of several potent antioxidants including carotenoids such as beta-carotene and lutein. These antioxidants have been shown to prevent the growth of breast, head and prostate cancers by their ability to neutralise free radical damage and reduce inflammation.
- Good for your liver: Avocado oil contains high levels of glutathione, an antioxidant of critical importance to the body.? It is known as the ?master antioxidant? as it has the ability to replenish itself and is produced by the body as well as found in food. It is based in the liver and plays a central role in helping to rid the body of toxins.
- Great source of natural Vitamin E: This is another wonderful example of the health benefits of avocado oil.? Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant with wide ranging value to health (avocado oil contains 25% more vitamin E than olive oil). The benefits of vitamin E are significant, especially for the skin. These include: increased moisture content making skin look supple and quick cell renewal helping skin to heal quickly leading to brighter, fresher looking skin.? Vitamin E also thins the blood helping to reduce risk of stroke or heart disease. Increased consumption of vitamin E rich foods such as avocadoes, spinach and broccoli has a protective effect against some cancers.
- Gives your skin a healthy glow: one of the lesser-known health benefits of avocado oil is that it contains numerous ?skin friendly? ingredients. These include omega 3 fatty acids, similar to those found in fish oil, which are good for skin and hair.? Avocado oil also contains sterolin which softens the skin and consumption of avocado oil can increase collagen production, giving skin a plump, younger appearance.
Health Benefits Of Avocado Oil Video
If you would like to purchase some organic avocado oil, we highly recommend the organic Olivado brand.? We have placed a link below so that you can buy this directly from Amazon at the best price online.
Having read this post, hopefully you can now appreciate all of the avocado oil nutritional benefits as well as the skin benefits of avocado oil.